Dr. David Korfin has been in private practice in the Fort Bend/Houston community since 1984. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Pittsburgh in 1978 and received his doctorate degree in podiatric medicine from the Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine in 1982. Dr. Korfin then completed a 2-year surgical residency at the Harris County Podiatric Surgical Residency Program.
Dr. Korfin is board certified in foot and ankle surgery by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery.
His numerous professional affiliations include:
- Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons.
- Diplomate, American Board of Podiatric Surgery.
- Board certified in Foot and Ankle Surgery.
- Board certified in Wound Care by the American Academy of Wound Management.
- Past president and current member of the Harris County Podiatric Medical Society.
- Member of the Texas Podiatric Medical Association.
- Member of the American Podiatric Medical Association.
Dr. Korfin prides himself in offering the latest innovations, treatments and procedures to his patients. He continually attends medical seminars to learn the newest technologies to benefit his patients. These include CO2 and pulse dye laser surgery for the treatment of warts, endoscopic heel surgery, and the use of dissolvable pins and fixation techniques for many of his surgical procedures. His clinical interests include: reconstructive foot surgery with a special emphasis on bunion surgery, sports medicine, endoscopic heel surgery and wound care.
Dr. Korfin resides in Houston with his wife Brenda and has 2 daughters, Katie and Ali.
When not treating patients, teaching residents or participating in hospital activities, Dr. Korfin enjoys playing golf, running and coaching his daughter's sports teams.
His hospital and outpatient surgical center affiliations include:
St. Luke's Sugar Land Hospital.
Methodist Sugar Land Hospital.
Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Hospital.
River Oaks Surgical Center.
Texas Sports Medicine Institute.
» Back to Top